Auditions & Admission
Milwaukee High School of the Arts is an Early Admissions school. Our admissions process begins in October of the prior school year. Any student interested in enrolling must complete all three of the following steps:
1. All applicants must submit an online application form
- The application form will need to be submitted to the MHSA Website. Please complete an application prior to the date of the audition by logging onto the following online application form link listed above.
2. All applicants must take a Mandatory Audition in one art area. Dates for the Mandatory Auditions are posted during the second semester of each year.
- The first audition is offered on November 2nd & 5th 2016. The final audition will be on February 8, 2017. registration begins at 5:30 p.m. Auditions will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- Dance, Creative Writing, and Theatre candidates can only audition in one area on a specific audition date. Music candidates may audition in multiple areas on a specific audition date. See our FAQ section for greater detail.
- See Audition Requirements for specific art area requirements
3. All applicants must submit the following documents:
- An Online Application Form.
- A copy of the most recent report card, including attendance records.
- A mandatory audition taken at Milwaukee High School of the Arts. See Audition Requirements for details.
- State assessment results (Most recent) Aspire, WKCE, Terra Nova or MAP results)
- Recommendation Form
An application cannot be considered until ALL items are received.
If you have any questions about the Application Process, please contact the Rachel Rendon-Ramirez Artistic Coordinator at 414-934-7020
The final audition date is February 8, 2017 at 6:00 pm with a 5:30 pm check-inTo Start Your Application